So yeah, it's been a while since I last posted on this blog. Many things have changed drastically, many have happened.
Well, how do I begin? I moved to Germany, where I lived in Berlin for a while, met my now-boyfriend and eventually moved in with him. So, right now, I live in Münster, still Germany. It's been a hard time in my life, as any major change is, be it positive or not. Having to let go of things and leave one big chapter behind, is not easy. I have been both happy and sad, at once. Right now, I am happy to be with the man I love, since this has been one of my number one wishes in quite a while.
I've got what I wanted, on more than one level. I love waking up to his face staring at me and then covering me with smooches.
My family has been quite unaccepting about my relationship with him. They have been very stubborn about the fact that I am happy to be with him. Yet, his family has been very accepting and warm with me, which this usually happens the other way, having in mind that he is Asian. I've heard many horrific stories about non-Asian girls dating Asian guys and how the guys' family promptly rejected these girls, no matter how wonderful they were. In my case, the reverse happened. It's been quite the fight for me, for us both. But we won, eventually. Now we live together and have each other as we dreamt so much so, without anyone bothering us, by trying to interfere and put paranoid thoughts into our mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment